Upstream is a leading mobile technology company. Our pioneering platform suite provides 1.2 billion people in developing countries with affordable and secure access to digital services on their mobile devices. Upstream’s Zero-D platform provides free access to the internet essentials to 250 million mobile users in Latin America and Africa even when they have run out of data. Our security platform, Secure-D, in 2018 processed over 1.8 billion mobile transactions and blocked over 63,000 malicious apps in 16 countries. We work with over 60 mobile operators, across more than 45 high growth markets, helping them enhance and protect their customers’ mobile internet experience, increase customer loyalty and boost revenue. Our team is 280 strong with people of over 25 nationalities, working from nine offices around the globe.
We are looking to recruit an entry level Software Engineer to join our 12-month paid «Start at Upstream» Software Development Graduate Trainee Program, to learn from and work as part of our world-class Software Development team that works on mission-critical applications, contributing in all phases of the development process.
Participants of the program, based in our R&D center in Athens, Greece, will be trained extensively for two months in cutting-edge technologies, building a strong foundation as well as learning up-to-date technologies and best practices. After completing the initial two-month training, they will join our main Software Development teams, where they will work on actual company products. They will become proficient back-end Java Developers, gaining experience in the following areas:
- Developing on high-traffic, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems, delivering high-availability and performance
- Writing well designed, testable, efficient software modules
- Translating specifications to software designs and implementation
They will master the following skills/technologies:
- Object Oriented Design and Programming in Java 8
- Spring Framework (Spring Boot, Spring MVC, etc)
- Relational (e.g. PostgreSQL) and NoSQL (e.g. Elasticsearch, Redis, Cassandra) databases
- Asynchronous communications using messaging systems (e.g. ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ, and Kafka)
- Distributed, highly-available architectures (microservices), serving millions of end-users over both web-based technologies and other protocols
- Fully automated CI/CD pipelines, achieving zero-downtime Continuous Deployments
- Securing public facing web platforms
Additionally we provide:
- On-going training, mentorship and development
- Opportunities to get involved with a wide range of products and technologies, and find the best match between company needs and individual interests
- BSc or MSc in Computer Science / Information Technology or a related field
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming in a language such as Java
- Understanding of RDBMS concepts, familiarity with SQL
- Highly motivated and eager to expand knowledge
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Team player with a positive attitude
No prior work experience is necessary.
Candidates who have not yet received their Degree are encouraged to apply, although priority will be given to Graduates.
- Competitive compensation package
- Private health insurance plan
- Transportation fees
- On the job training
- Work from home
- In house gym facilities
- Free pilates lessons
- On-site massage
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative company, with international culture, that invests in your growth, and kick-start your career to become a highly skilled Software Engineer.
Job Type: 12-month contract with the opportunity to turn into an open-ended contract.
Upstream is an equal opportunity employer. The Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, pregnancy, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital, or any other legally protected status. The Company also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. Finally, the Company prohibits the harassment of any individual based on their protected status. This policy applies to all areas of personnel actions including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs.
- Θέση εργασίας Internship
- Τύπος πρακτικής Full-time
- Location Athens
- Listing categories Information Technology